MAKING SONGWRITING YOUR BUSINESS
3-WEEK ONLINE SONGWRITING CRASHCOURSE
Making Songwriting YOUR Business
Making Waves In This Changing New Music World!
3-Week Online CrashCourse – Replays available.
Starts Sept 14, 2020
SongTown Songwriting CrashCourses let you train with real-world pros.
If you hope to make money with your music, then it’s crucial to know HOW the changing music business works and how to run YOUR songwriting business.
In this class…
- You’ll learn how to set up the business side of your writing so that you get paid when you have songs released by indie or major artists.
- You’ll learn to “brand” yourself as a songwriter (or an artist) and how to think outside the box in regard to getting your songs placed. You won’t want to miss this class!
- You’ll come away knowing how to navigate business questions that always arise, from co-writing to pub deals, like a pro.
- Hitmakers Clay Mills & Marty Dodson give detailed instructions each week and will answer your questions live online.
You won’t want to miss this class!
Clay Mills – Multi-Hit Songwriter
Multiple Grammy Nominations
Multi- #1 Songwriter
Additional Details For This Songwriting CrashCourse
• Classes are easy to view and participate from your computer, laptop, or smartphone.
• All classes are available to watch on replay if you miss it live. We keep the video up for 3 weeks after your class to review at your leisure.
• Discuss assignments in the SongTown.com forum with your classmates.
• Meet potential co-writers.
• First class: Monday, Sept 14, 2020
• Individual Class Dates: Sept 14, 21, 28, 2020
• Class Time: 7pm- 8pm (CDT)
Location: Online on your computer or smart device
• Members $199
• Non-Members: $225 (Includes a month of SongTown full-access membership!)
• Diamond Members can use one of their Free CrashCourse Credits!
**Tuition is non-refundable once class sells out or begins.
Week One: Setting Up Your Business For Success
• PROs – how they work and when you need one
• Harry Fox
• Copyrights and paper trail
• Valuing your music – how to NOT give it away for free
– charging artists up front for mechanicals
– charging to issue a license as an advance on royalties
• Admin Company – when you need one and what they do
• Publishing 101Agreements with co-writers/splits/etc
Week Two: Building Your Brand
• Building Your Brand
– Social Media
• Research who uses music like yours
• Be versatile, but don’t try to do everything
• Be strategic with co – writes – everyone in the room for a reason
• Bring focus and intentionality to your calendar and co-writes
Week Three: Think Outside The Box
• Low hanging fruit
• Production deals with artists
• Online tv shows/series
• Fan interaction/direct sales
• Streaming playlists/niches
• Developing an artist yourself
• Virtual tip jar
Meet New Co-Writers!
Songwriters Kevin Rowe and Andrew Cavanagh met in a SongTown CrashCourse and recently collaborated on their first #1 song together in Australia!