The S-Factor CrashCourse
Imagine 3 weeks with a songwriting Pro coaching you through your next song—all in fun SongTown style! You have never experienced a songwriting class like this!
Online Video Room Class – Replay available for all classes if you’re unable to watch live.
Four songwriting Pros battle over YOUR song ideas, and when the dust settles, you will have a hit songwriting Pro coaching you through the process of turning your idea into the best song it can be! This includes idea development, song mapping, melody development, and more.
Each Pro will work with a small group of writers throughout the 3 weeks. So, THIS is your chance to get professional coaching while having a great time learning how to improve your songs! At the end of the class, each Pro-writer will choose the best song from their “team” to pitch to a publisher.
Spaces are limited, so don’t miss out!
How It Works:
- This is a fun-filled online class where, much like the show “The Voice,” our songwriting pros will battle for YOU to be on their team! Only they won’t be coaching you’re singing, they’ll coach your songwriting!
- The first week you’ll submit 3 original song titles you’d like to write, and the pros will have a shot at choosing one of your song titles to coach you on. The winning judge then nabs you for their team. Once you’re on a team, your songwriting Pro will guide you each step of the way to help you write your best song.
- Classes are easy to view and participate from your computer, laptop, or smartphone.
- All classes are available to watch on replay if you miss it live. The video is accessible for 3 weeks after your class to review at your leisure.
- Post your assignments in the SongTown.com forum and discuss with your classmates.
Who Should Take This Class:
- Those new to songwriting.
- Those with experience who want to learn how Pro writers approach each step of the writing process.
- Songwriters who want to master taking a song idea and developing it into a completed killer song.
- You! Whether you’re writing for pure fun or pursuing a staff writing career.
- Attend the class LIVE from your computer or smart device each week! (Replay available)
- Class Dates: Monday April 15, 22, 29, 2019
- Class Time: 7pm- 8pm (CDT) – Many watch the replays if they can’t make the class time!
- The CrashCourse is a weekly one-hour, online class (for a total of 3 weeks) with a professional songwriter.
Quotes from Former Attendees:
So I’ve had this song where I had this killer melody and the first couple lines but kept re-writing the song because I could never figure out what it was about. I went back last night and watched the second class of S factor and heard Clay talk about getting boxed in by a melody and lyric and thought that’s me. I went back, scrapped the lyric, mapped it first and finally finished the song today. Thanks a million for this class!!
I can’t express enough appreciation for the class. I learned so much in a short time here at Songtown. The S Factor has given me hope in my lyric writing with the song map technique. Great stuff! ~Richard Lowe
“I recently attended the SongTown MasterClass, and I have to say it was the single best learning experience in my quest to become a professional songwriter.” ~ Jonathan Helfand (New York, NY)
“I have done many songwriting workshops in the past, and the SongTownUSA MasterClass has been by far the best. You really cannot put a price tag on the experience of every week meeting with a hit songwriter and getting their direct feedback and suggestions! Plus I now have awesome new cowriters. I hope everyone will apply for the next class.” ~ Kate Smith (Grove Heights, MN)
“I find these classes are like ‘icing on the learning cake.’ If you are looking to take your songwriting to the next level then the SongTown CrashCourses are invaluable. As an out-of-town writer, the ability to gain access to tips from real time pros, with knowledge that is both current and commercial, has helped me to really fine-tune my writing. I can tune in to the webinarss at a time that suits me and replay if required. Awesome classes, please keep em coming!” ~ Vanessa Selwyn (Albury, New South Wales, Australia)
“For any of you wondering about a MasterClass: I am just finishing up a MasterClass hosted by SongTown. As to be expected, lots of great songwriting advice and work assignments. What surprised me though was the camaraderie that developed between us all…. how we encouraged and spurred each other on. Each week I had to stretch out further and work on improving the quality of my writing as the bar was lifted higher. Amazing what a deadline does. As an end result, I am more focused; and best of all, I have established relationships with my classmates and we are now writing together. Some hit songs in the future? Well….stay tuned.” ~ Lucy LeBlanc (White Rock, British Columbia)
“The SongTown classes I’ve taken have really helped me consider my skills and zero in on the important aspects of writing. I don’t waste as much time as I used to. And I’m learning to look at my lyrics objectively. I think the classes are a great investment!” ~ Soce Marie (Nashville, TN)