by Marty Dodson
Apr 10, 2017
1) I reach out to someone new to co-write. Shaking things up and bringing in new blood gives me renewed energy.
2) I listen to some of my favorite songs that I’ve written. It reminds me that I can write some really good songs and that writing them gives me satisfaction.
3) I do one thing that helps me get ahead. I reach out to one contact in the business. I pitch one song. I follow up with someone that I need to follow up with.
4) I work on ideas. One great idea can turn into one hit song. One hit song can change a career and a life. So, I dig in and challenge myself to write down 10 new ideas that are really good.
5) I do something else I enjoy. It reminds me that the point of life is not getting a song recorded. And, it lets me attack the songwriting with renewed energy when I get back to it.
Write on. ~Marty
Write Better Songs Faster
Songwriting Success is Clay & Marty's 10-day video series that will help you level-up your songs and finish them faster. Enter your email address to get started!