WRITING FOR SYNC – 3 WEEK CRASHCOURSE
Course starts Thursday, February 27, 2020 – Replays available
An in-depth program to teach you the creative and business sides of writing for TV, Film, & Ads.
Enroll today in the Writing For Sync CrashCourse, and get…
• 3 live “Deep Dive” online class sessions, with Q&A afterward
• Working knowledge of the day-to-day responsibilities of music supervisors and how they go about finding music for licensing. PLUS…
• Real-world training on what you can do as a songwriter to put yourself in a position for success when seeking licensing opportunities.
Assignments and Feedback:
This course includes sync briefs for which you will write original songs, and in weeks 2 and 3 constructive feedback will be provided for selected songs. This is not your traditional “how to write for sync” class, but instead will provide an inside look into the perspective of a music supervisor on why music is being selected.
Direct class assignments and feedback from the music supervisor!
When you become a student of SongTown’s “Writing For Sync” CrashCourse, you’re going to be immersed in the art of creating songs that work in the world of TV/Film/Ads.
About Your Instructor…
Garrett McElver is part of the Los Angeles based music supervision team at SuperMusicVision. He is currently music supervisor on the television military drama series ‘SEAL Team’ for CBS, the upcoming comedy series ‘Gentefied’ for Netflix, and upcoming dramas ‘Coyote’ and ‘Paradise Lost’ both for Paramount Network. Previously, he was music supervisor for the television comedy ‘THE TICK’ for Amazon, as well as a variety of independent feature and short films. Additionally, he is music coordinator on AMC’s ‘Better Call Saul’, Netflix’s ‘Grace and Frankie’, and Amazon’s ‘Sneaky Pete’.
Garrett also teaches ‘Music Supervision’ and ‘Music Licensing’ courses at the Los Angeles College of Music.
- Classes are easy to view and participate from your computer, laptop, or smartphone.
- All classes are available to watch on replay if you miss it live. We keep the video up for 3 weeks after your class to review at your leisure.
- Post your assignments in the SongTown.com forum and discuss with your classmates.
- First class: Thursday, February 27, 2020
- Class Dates: Feb 27, Mar 5, 12, 2020
- Class Time: 7:30pm- 8:30pm (CST)
- Location: Online on your computer or smart device
$225* (Includes a month of SongTown Full-Access Membership!)
*Tuition is non-refundable once class sells out or begins.
More About SongTown
• Over 700 pro video lessons, courses and interviews!
Yes you read that right!