Online Video Classroom – 12 Students Per Class – Limited Spots!
The most comprehensive songwriting course on the planet!
Two extraordinary 6-week classes that will transform your songs & writing for life.
Real Pros Teach You Real-World Songwriting. Apply Today!
2 World-Class Courses
Apply for the class that you need the most!
- The Melody MasterClass with multi #1 songwriter, 2 time Grammy nominee Clay Mills will focus on developing your skills for writing melody, chord changes, and grooves. And using these new-found skills to turn good songs into memorable great songs. You will focus on finding your own unique style and discover your strengths as a songwriter. Clay has written major songs for Darius Rucker, Lady Antebellum and Diamond Rio; and artists as diverse as Baby Face, Reba, and Kimberly Locke.
- The Lyric MasterClass with multi #1 songwriter Marty Dodson will focus on transforming your lyrics from good songs to great songs with a re-writing process that Marty has used to write major songs for such artists as Carrie Underwood, Billy Currington, and Kenny Chesney. Marty’s career has proven that good lyrics can produce hits in Pop Music as well as Country. (Lyricist & Lyricist only are welcome in this class)
- Our Master Class Series begins: Monday, Jan. 22, 2018
- Class Dates: every Monday night (Jan 22, 29 / Feb 5, 12, 19, 26)
- Location: SongTown’s Online Video Conference Room
- Major universities charge up to $1,200 for non-credit songwriting courses taught by college professors. Our Master Class Series is conducted by current hit songwriters with first-hand knowledge of what it takes to write great songs in the real world!
- SongtownUSA MasterClass Series w/ Clay Mills- Melody Focus – $549.99 for Non-Members / $529.99 for Members
- SongtownUSA MasterClass Series w/ Marty Dodson- Lyric Focus $549.99 for Non-Members / $529.99 for Members
- Click for more info on Marty Dodson.
- Click for more info on Clay Mills.
How Our Course Works
- It’s free to apply. Just upload mp3s and/or lyrics (if you are a lyricist only send lyrics) of 2 songs that you feel best showcase your personal writing style.
- Songs must be received by midnight, Jan. 8th, 2017. Remember, we are looking at the writers’ potential and not necessarily for crafty polished songs or demos. Classes are limited to 12 students to insure proper attention to everyone.
- Once you have been accepted into the SongtownUSA Master Class Program, you will receive a syllabus outlining what material will be covered each week and instructions on how to gain access to our video classroom.
- Each week you will attend a 75 minute songwriting class led by Marty Dodson or Clay Mills. You can login on your computer or laptop from the comfort of your own home, or anywhere with a good wi-fi connection.
- Each week Marty and Clay will offer valuable insight into the craft of songwriting and give you an assignment for the following week. When you return to class the following week, your song assignment will receive a positive, encouraging critique outlining what is working and what can be improved.
- Classes are full participation so you will work hand-in-hand with Marty, Clay and your fellow attendees for a fun learning experience.
Quotes from Former Attendees
“Excited to announce my first major artist cut on Anderson East’s new Atlantic Records Album. I’d also like to say I took some advice from Songtown’s class with Clay Mills and wrote “what the artist didn’t have.” I’m sure that worked in my favor! ~ Jon Decious (Nashville, TN)
“I recently attended the SongTown Master Class, and I have to say it was the single best learning experience in my quest to become a professional songwriter.” ~ Jonathan Helfand (New York, NY)
“I have done many songwriting workshops in the past, and the SongTownUSA Master Class has been by far the best. You really cannot put a price tag on the experience of every week meeting with a hit songwriter and getting their direct feedback and suggestions! Plus I now have awesome new cowriters. I hope everyone will apply for the next class.” ~ Kate Smith (Grove Heights, MN)
“I find these class’s are like ‘icing on the learning cake’. If you are looking to take your songwriting to the next level then the songtown crash courses are invaluable. As an out of town writer, the ability to gain access to tips from real time pro’s with knowledge that is both current and commercial has helped me to really fine tune my writing. I can tune in to the webinar’s at a time that suits me and replay if required. Awesome classes, please keep em coming!” ~ Vanessa Selwyn (Albury, New South Wales, Australia)
“For any of you wondering about a Master Class: I am just finishing up a Master Class hosted by SongTown. As to be expected, lots of great songwriting advice and work assignments. What surprised me though was the camaraderie that developed between us all…. how we encouraged and spurred each other on. Each week I had to stretch out further, and work on improving the quality of my writing. as the bar was lifted higher. Amazing what a deadline does. As an end result, I am more focused; and best of all, I have established relationships with my classmates and we are now writing together. Some hit songs in the future? Well….stay tuned.” ~ Lucy LeBlanc (White Rock, British Columbia)
“The Songtown classes I’ve taken have really helped me consider my skills and zero in on the important aspects of writing. I don’t waste as much time as I used to. And I’m learning to look at my lyrics objectively. I think the classes are a great investment!” ~ Socie Marie (Nashville, TN)