WRITING FOR RECORDING ARTISTS
3-WEEK SONGWRITING CRASHCOURSE
Writing For Recording Artists CrashCourse
featuring 3 artists on the rise!
3-Week Online CrashCourse – Replays available.
Starts April 20, 2020
SongTown Songwriting CrashCourses are where real-world training meets real-world opportunity.
We’ve lined up three recording artists for you to write for and two hit songwriters to guide you through the process…
How It Works
Meet online with a recording artist in our live video classroom each week!
• Find out what type of songs artists are looking for.
• Get Your writing assignment for the week.
• Hitmakers Clay Mills & Marty Dodson give detailed instructions on how to approach your assignments.
• Live Q&A with Artists.
Submit a “song start” to the artist later in the week.
• After learning about the artist, you will submit a “song start” to the artist.
• Song starts can be a written chorus… lyric, music, or both!
Each artist chooses a winning “song start” and will schedule a co-writing session online with the writer.
• The artists will choose their favorite “song start” from the class .
• Each week the artists explain why they chose their winning “song start.”
• All 3 artists will schedule a co-writing session with the writer that submitted the chosen “song starts!”
• Meet potential collaborators in this songwriting CrashCourse!
Meet The Artist
Ryan Griffin – Sony Records
Meghan Patrick – Warner Records
Seth Cook – Bow To Stern Records
Additional Details For This Songwriting CrashCourse
• Classes are easy to view and participate from your computer, laptop, or smartphone.
• All classes are available to watch on replay if you miss it live. We keep the video up for 3 weeks after your class to review at your leisure.
• Post your assignments in the SongTown.com forum and discuss with your classmates.
• First class: Monday, April 20, 2020
• Individual Class Dates: April 20, 27, May 4, 2020
• Class Time: 7pm- 8pm (CDT)
Location: Online on your computer or smart device
• Members $199
• Non-Members: $225 (Includes a month of SongTown full-access membership!)
• Diamond Members can use one of their Free CrashCourse Credits!
**Tuition is non-refundable once class sells out or begins.
Meet New Co-Writers!
Songwriters Kevin Rowe and Andrew Cavanagh met in a SongTown CrashCourse and recently collaborated on their first #1 song together in Australia!