The “Writing to Tracks” Crash Course
Online Classes Start March 19
Writing melody and lyrics to a music track has become an essential part of today’s songwriter skill set. And it’s FUN! During this 3-week online course we will mix instruction with actual songwriting. You’ll write to original pro music tracks created specifically for this course by some of the top track guys in Nashville. Pro Tracks you can use for your own demos!
• 6 pro music tracks – (4 new tracks, 2 legacy tracks) Complete the class with 6 tracks, by top track guys, that you can use as pro song demos. A $3,000 value!
• Meet Potential Co-writers.
• 3-week trial membership to SongTown.
Who Should Take This Class:
• Those new to track-writing.
• Those with experience writing to tracks but wanting to take it to the next level.
• Lyricist who want to write and feel confident in a track environment.
• Melody writers who want to create better and more memorable melodies to tracks.
• You- Whether you’re writing for pure fun or pursuing a staff writing career.
When you complete the class you are free to use the pro music trax for your own “demo” purposes!
Attend class LIVE from your computer or smart device each week!
The 3 Week Online Crash Course begins:
- Monday, March 19, 2018
- Monday Class Dates: March. 19, 26, and April 2
- Class Time: 7pm- 8pm (CDT)
- Replay available for all classes to watch on your own schedule.
- Location: Online on your computer or smart device
- The Crash Course is a weekly one-hour, online class (for a total of 3 weeks) with a pro songwriter/instructor.
- Classes are easy to view and participate from your computer, laptop, or smartphone.
- All classes are available to watch on replay if you miss it live. We keep the video up for 3 weeks after your class to review at your leisure!
- Post your assignments in the SongTown.com forum and discuss with your classmates.
- Price for the 3-week “Writing To tracks” Crash Course is $225
QUOTES FROM FORMER ATTENDEES:
“Excited to announce my first major artist cut on Anderson East’s new Atlantic Records Album. I’d also like to say I took some advice from Songtown’s class with Clay Mills and wrote ‘what the artist didn’t have.’ I’m sure that worked in my favor!” ~Jon Decious (Nashville, Tn)
“I recently attended the SongTown Master Class, and I have to say it was the single best learning experience in my quest to become a professional songwriter.” ~ Jonathan Helfand (New York, NY)
“I have done many songwriting workshops in the past, and the SongTownUSA Master Class has been by far the best. You really cannot put a price tag on the experience of every week meeting with a hit songwriter and getting their direct feedback and suggestions! Plus I now have awesome new cowriters. I hope everyone will apply for the next class.” ~ Kate Smith (Grove Heights, MN)
“I find these class’s are like ‘icing on the learning cake’. If you are looking to take your songwriting to the next level then the songtown crash courses are invaluable. As an out of town writer, the ability to gain access to tips from real time pro’s with knowledge that is both current and commercial has helped me to really fine tune my writing. I can tune in to the webinar’s at a time that suits me and replay if required. Awesome classes, please keep em coming!” ~Vanessa Selwyn (Albury, New South Wales, Australia)
“For any of you wondering about a Master Class: I am just finishing up a Master Class hosted by SongTown. As to be expected, lots of great songwriting advice and work assignments. What surprised me though was the camaraderie that developed between us all…. how we encouraged and spurred each other on. Each week I had to stretch out further, and work on improving the quality of my writing. as the bar was lifted higher. Amazing what a deadline does. As an end result, I am more focused; and best of all, I have established relationships with my classmates and we are now writing together. Some hit songs in the future? Well….stay tuned.” ~ Lucy LeBlanc (White Rock, British Columbia)
“The SongTown classes I’ve taken have really helped me consider my skills and zero in on the important aspects of writing. I don’t waste as much time as I used to. And I’m learning to look at my lyrics objectively. I think the classes are a great investment!” ~Soce Marie (Nashville, TN)