WRITING TO TRACKS
3-WEEK SONGWRITING/TOP-LINING CRASHCOURSE
Writing To Tracks CrashCourse
We give you 6 pro music tracks and teach you to top-line!
3-Weeks Online (Your computer or smart device) – Replays available.
Starts June 22, 2020
SongTown Songwriting CrashCourses are where real-world training meets real-world opportunity.
We’ve lined up 4 top track guys/gals for you to write to their trax… and two hit songwriters to guide you through the process…
How It Works
Writing melody and lyrics to a music track has become an essential part of today’s songwriter skill set. And it’s FUN! During this 3-week online course, we will mix instruction with actual songwriting.
You’ll write to original pro music tracks created specifically for this course by some of the top track guys in Nashville. Pro Tracks you can use for your own demos!
- 6 pro music tracks – (4 new tracks, 2 legacy tracks)
- Complete the class with 6 killer tracks, by top track guys, that you can use as pro song demos. A $3,000 value!
- Learn pro techniques for lyricists and composers from multi- #1 hit songwriters Clay Mills and Marty Dodson.
- Meet Potential Co-writers.
- 1-month trial membership to SongTown for non-members who sign up!
Who Should Take This Class?
- Those new to track-writing.
- Those with experience writing to tracks but wanting to take it to the next level.
- Lyricists who want to write and feel confident in a track environment.
- Melody writers who want to create better and more memorable melodies to tracks.
- You- Whether you’re writing for pure fun or pursuing a staff writing career.
Meet The Track Makers
Brandon Day (Country-Pop)
Writer – Producer
Nashville has been good to Brandon. His credits range from the shimmery pop of Kaptan to the new-wave country of Filmore, country music legend Big Kenny from Big & Rich as well as co-production and writing more than half of the upcoming Plain White T’s album produced by Matt Squire. Recently signing with Nashville’s award-winning producer, Jesse Frassure’s new publishing endeavor Rhythm House.
Lo Miller (Pop)
Musical Neon. That’s Lo. Infectious production plus equal parts sass and quirk, this West Coast native speaks in melody and lives in perpetual rhythm. This Nashville transplant’s music caught the ear of Dr. Luke’s Prescription Songs, where she signed on as one of their first Nashville writer/producers, becoming a vanguard to the burgeoning pop scene in music city.
Tony Esterly (Rock, Sync, Country)
Tony Esterly is a Nashville based Songwriter, Record Producer, Mixer, & Multi-Instrumentalist. In addition to having major & indie label credits, he’s seen great success in sync licensing. His songs have had film, commercial and promo placements with 20th Century Fox, Warner Bros Pictures, Activision/Blizzard, Amazon & Frito Lays as well as numerous television placements across a wide range of networks. Currently writes for Downtown Music
Additional Details For This Songwriting CrashCourse
• Classes are easy to view and participate from your computer, laptop, or smartphone.
• All classes are available to watch on replay if you miss it live. We keep the video up for 3 weeks after your class to review at your leisure.
• Post your assignments in the SongTown.com forum and discuss it with your classmates.
The 3 Week Online Crash Course begins:
- Monday, June 22, 2020
- Monday Class Dates: June 22, June 29, July 6
- Class Time: 7pm- 8pm CDT
- Replay available for all classes to watch on your own schedule.
- Location: Online on your computer or smart device
- The Crash Course is a weekly one-hour, online class (for a total of 3 weeks) with a pro songwriter/instructor.
- Classes are easy to view and participate from your computer, laptop, or smartphone.
- All classes are available to watch on replay if you miss it live. We keep the video up for 3 weeks after your class to review at your leisure!
- Post your assignments in the SongTown.com forum and discuss with your classmates.
- Price for the 3-week “Writing to Tracks” Crash Course:
- $225 for Non-Members*
- $199 for Members*
*Non-Refundable once class sells out or has started.
Meet New Co-Writers!
Songwriters Kevin Rowe and Andrew Cavanagh met in a SongTown CrashCourse and recently collaborated on their first #1 song together in Australia!