The Ultimate Co-Writing CrashCourse
Online Class – Replay available for all classes.
Starts April 23rd
SongTown brings you the Ultimate Co-Writing songwriting course! Two hit songwriters (Marty Dodson and Clay Mills) will be your guides through this truly innovative online learning experience. Whether you’re co-writing for the first time or want to improve your co-writing skills, this course is for you.
Members of this class will be learning about themselves and how they can better collaborate with other writers in a way that you can’t get anywhere else in the world! Each week matchmakers Marty and Clay help you find your perfect co-writing match! We’ll match your skills and experience level to other classmates to help you find the right collaborator. Online co-writes can done be via Skype or Google hangout.
What to expect:
- Learn techniques to make your co-writes go more smoothly.
- Meet and collaborate with new writers for class assignments.
- Matchmakers Marty and Clay help you find your perfect match! We’ll match your skills and experience level to other classmates to help you find the right collaborators.
- Learn what you have to offer in a co-write and improve your co-writing game from two of the most experienced co-writing pros in songwriting today.
- First time ever offered in a songwriting course – Take the Collaborative Harmony Index
Creative Harmony Index – Bonus Feature!
Class members will also be able to take the Collaborative Harmony Index ($$$ bonus value) – a personality test that measures who you become when you work with other people. Alan Schaefer, the creator of the CHI and the CEO of Banding People Together, a company that works with businesses like Microsoft, Hard Rock, Hilton, Verizon and many more, is going to join us the first week to process the results of that test and help you learn how to step into your best self when you work with other people by becoming more aware of who YOU are in the room when you co-write. Each week, you’ll have the opportunity to write with someone else in the class, and we will process your experiences in the online classes. I have taken the CHI and it literally changed my life as a co-writer. Don’t miss this opportunity!
What Is The Collaborative Harmony Index?
The Co-Writing Crash Course Series begins:
- Monday, April 23rd, 2018
- Class Dates: April 23rd, April 30th, May 7th
- Class Time: 7pm- 8pm (CDT)
- Location: Online on your computer or smart device
- Before your course begins you’ll receive a detailed questionnaire to help us match you with the right class co-writers.
- The CrashCourses is 3 week, 1 hour online class with a live hit songwriting pro.
- Classes are easy to view and participate from your computer, laptop, or smartphone.
- All classes are available to watch on replay if you miss it live. We keep the video up for a couple of weeks after your class for review at your convenience!
- Post your assignments in the SongTown.com forum and discuss with your classmates.
- Price for the Crash course with Clay & Marty is: $225
Diamond Club Members may use this class as one your free classes!
QUOTES FROM FORMER ATTENDEES:
“Excited to announce my first major artist cut on Anderson East’s new Atlantic Records Album. I’d also like to say I took some advice from Songtown’s class with Clay Mills and wrote ‘what the artist didn’t have.’ I’m sure that worked in my favor!” ~Jon Decious (Nashville, Tn)
“I recently attended the SongTown Master Class, and I have to say it was the single best learning experience in my quest to become a professional songwriter.” ~ Jonathan Helfand (New York, NY)
“I have done many songwriting workshops in the past, and the SongTownUSA Master Class has been by far the best. You really cannot put a price tag on the experience of every week meeting with a hit songwriter and getting their direct feedback and suggestions! Plus I now have awesome new cowriters. I hope everyone will apply for the next class.” ~ Kate Smith (Grove Heights, MN)
“I find these class’s are like ‘icing on the learning cake’. If you are looking to take your songwriting to the next level then the songtown crash courses are invaluable. As an out of town writer, the ability to gain access to tips from real time pro’s with knowledge that is both current and commercial has helped me to really fine tune my writing. I can tune in to the webinar’s at a time that suits me and replay if required. Awesome classes, please keep em coming!” ~Vanessa Selwyn (Albury, New South Wales, Australia)
“For any of you wondering about a Master Class: I am just finishing up a Master Class hosted by SongTown. As to be expected, lots of great songwriting advice and work assignments. What surprised me though was the camaraderie that developed between us all…. how we encouraged and spurred each other on. Each week I had to stretch out further, and work on improving the quality of my writing. as the bar was lifted higher. Amazing what a deadline does. As an end result, I am more focused; and best of all, I have established relationships with my classmates and we are now writing together. Some hit songs in the future? Well….stay tuned.” ~ Lucy LeBlanc (White Rock, British Columbia)
“The SongTown classes I’ve taken have really helped me consider my skills and zero in on the important aspects of writing. I don’t waste as much time as I used to. And I’m learning to look at my lyrics objectively. I think the classes are a great investment!” ~Soce Marie (Nashville, TN)