The SongTown Christian Edge Group
The SongTown “edge” has always been about stripping away the hype and giving songwriters real life training and real life opportunities. In that spirit, we are excited to announce a new program in partnership with top Christian publisher of WORD Entertainment, Jonathan Mason, for a limited number of SongTown writers.
The goals for the Edge Group will be:
- To mentor writers to the next level with their writing with top publisher.
- To help writers learn what is missing in their music.
- To teach writers how to cast their songs for a particular artist.
- To prepare writers to be SongTown Staff Writers or Staff Writers with another publishing company.
- To give writers monthly feedback on one song from a publishers perspective.
- To offer single song contracts and pitch songs that are ready!
Each month, the Edge Group writers will get:
- A 60-90 minute online staff writer meeting with top Christian publisher Jonathan Mason, in which he will go over the most up-to-date pitch sheet available and will tell you what artists give you the best shot for a cut and what those artists are looking for.
- A writing assignment that is aimed at several label major artists.
- Feedback on the prior month’s writing assignment. Each month, Jonathan will tell you why your song didn’t work or what makes it a song he can pitch.
Jonathan Mason will be meeting monthly with “The Edge” writers in an online video room to coach and mentor in a group staff writer setting. He will give feedback on the monthly submission from each writer in the SongTown forum. And he will pitch any song that he feels is pitchworthy! If you’ve been feeling like you are “on the edge,” apply now to be in The Christian Edge Group and let the SongTown “edge” help you succeed with your music!
There is a $10 application fee.
If accepted into the program it’s $60 per month.
Note: When you apply you will receive an email with an upload link to upload your 2 best songs for review.