We Combined Our Top 2 Courses into 1 Value-Packed Adventure!
A once-only opportunity!
"What's Your Angle?"
In This Special Edition CrashCourse:
We've lined up Grammy-winning/ #1 songwriters...
- Mark Irwin
- Liz Hengber
- Rebecca Lynn Howard
- Jason Duke
to battle to have YOU and your song idea on their team!
When the dust settles, you will have a pro songwriter coaching you through the entire process of turning your song idea into the best song it can be!
Hands-on Pro Coaching through each writing phase...
- Idea development
- Song mapping
- Melodic development
- Moving past writing blocks
- Finishing strong, and more!
Each Pro will work with a small group of writers throughout the 3 weeks. THIS is your chance to get direct back-and-forth coaching from multi-hit songwriters while having a great time writing your best song!
Note: Space is limited as pros will be giving feedback on your song each week—so don’t miss out!
How It Works
This is a fun-filled online class where, like the show “The Voice,” our songwriting pros will battle for YOU to be on their team!
Only they won’t be coaching your singing, they’ll coach your songwriting!
Week 1 : What's Your Angle?
- You submit 3 original song titles you’d like to write...
- The pros listen to your titles and battle to get you and your best title on their team!
- You work with your coach to explore various angles for your title and choose the best approach for your song.
You'll learn how to:
- Ask the right questions to open up possibilities for any title you explore
- Explore all the different emotions available to any given title
- Avoid getting stuck on one approach to a title
- Find the title angle that connects with the most listeners
- Discover the angle that will make an artist want to sing your song from the stage and leave the audience humming all the way home!
Weeks 2 & 3 : "The S Factor"
Now that you've chosen the best angle for your song...
- Your songwriting Pro will guide you each step of the way to help you write your best song.
- You'll post assignments in the SongTown forum, communicate with your pro for feedback/tips, and join discussions with your classmates.
- You'll work on your Lyrics in stages from start to finish. If you write music also, you'll cover Melodic Approach & Development.
- At the end of the 3-week session, you'll have a powerful song that will stand on solid "bones." Many of our students feel this was a turning point in their writing and resulted in their best songs.
Who Should Take This Class?
- Those new to songwriting.
- Those with experience who want to learn how Pro writers approach each step of the writing process.
- Songwriters who want to master taking a song idea and developing it into a completed killer song.
- You! Whether you’re writing for pure fun or pursuing a staff writing career.
Class Dates & Details
Classes are easy to view and participate in from your computer, laptop, or smartphone. All Zoom classes are available to watch on replay if you miss it live. We keep the video up for 3 weeks after your class so you can review at your leisure.
- Monday, May 8th (7pm CT)
- Monday, May 15th (7pm CT)
- Monday, May 22nd (7pm CT)
- SongTown Members - $225
- Non-Members - $249 (includes one month of full access to the #1 songwriter community in the world!)
- Diamond Members can use one of their Free CrashCourse Credits!
**Tuition is non-refundable once class sells out or begins.
Limited Spots - Let's Do This!
Meet Your Fearless Instructors...
Rebecca Lynn Howard
Rebecca is a crossover country-pop artist, multi-instrumentalist, and 2x Grammy Award winner. She has written songs for Steven Tyler, Martina McBride, Trisha Yearwood, Point of Grace, Charles Esten, and Runaway June.
Mark's long list of hits written for include Taylor Swift, Bake Shelton, Garth Brooks, Tim McGraw, Tyler Farr and Alan Jackson. He knows great songs and how to pull them out of you!
Six-time #1 Songwriter
She has earned 6 Billboard #1’s and had over 100 songs recorded by Artists in Country, Pop and Bluegrass. In addition to writing, Liz is a teacher at the renown music program at Belmont College in Nashville.
Jason is a writer on Kelsea Ballerini’s #1 song “Dibs,” featured on Kelsea Ballerini’s album The First Time, “That Could Still Be Us” on Keith Urban’s Platinum-certified album RipCORD, and the Chris Bandi single “Man Enough Now,”
SongTown Success Stories
#1 song on the Pop Chart! “abcdefu” recorded by GAYLE.
- GAYLE (SongTown Alum)
Song written with artist Brandon Davis on the Top 10 Country iTunes Sales Chart.
- Peter Daniel (SongTown Member)
Signed to DWB Music LTD.
- Emma Kirkbride (SongTown Member)
Song placement on Hulu Show "Welcome To Chippendales".
- Skaie Knox
- Bill O'Hanlon, Mark Dolin & Chris Ising
Writer on Ashley McBryde's Album "Lindeville".
- Jon Decious
Song "Watcha Drinkin ’Bout" on the Big Sky TV series.
- VibeCity Publishing, Ryland Fisher, Stephanie Quayle and Joey Ebach
Song “Hallelujahville” recorded by Superstar Tim McGraw!
- Blake Griffith
Signs deal with world-wide publisher Big Machine Music and co-writes #1 song "abcdefu"
- Sara Davis (Staffwriter at Big Machine)
Wrote the #1 Billboard smash "My Boy" for country artist Elvie Shane!
- Lee Starr
Celebrates #1 song "I Will" (Darrin Morris Band) on the Texas Country Music Chart!
- Randy Morrison, Jan Edwards, and Matt Rodgers
3 weeks at #1 on the British and Irish Top 10 chart! "All Time Favorite", recorded by Hurricane Highway.
- Kelly McKay, Kevin Rowe, Nancy Moser
- Karen Kiley, Jan Edwards, Colleen Francis
5 million Tik Tok plays and over 1 million streams on her single “Just Drive!”
- Erin Kinsey
Songs featured on “The Voice” and “The Most Expensivist!”
- Rita Weyls
#1 song on Australian CMT Country Charts! "Right About Now” recorded by Josh Setterfield.
- Jesse Slack
Signs exclusive writer/record deal with Given Music Entertainment. First single cracking the Billboard Charts!
- Conner Sweet
Sync placement in movie “You Got This” on Netflix!
- Bobby Evans, Mathew Pownall, & Elias James Edlund
Celebrates a #1 song with Australian country artist Benn Gunn!
- Kevin Rowe & Andrew Cavanagh
Song placement on network TV Show - Lethal Weapon!
- Ray Weaver
Signs exclusive staff-writer deal with VibeCity Publishing!
- Kelly McKay
Gold Single for song "Tell You Everything" sung by Robyn Ottolini
- Jesse Slack